Translate English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

PLDT's Gabay Guro Grand Gathering Event 2013

Last Thursday, October 24, 2013, I received a Nuffnang newsletter in my email. It invites teachers and bloggers to an event called "Gabay Guro Grand Gathering Event 2013".  I was a little bit curious to the event when I saw the names of the biggest stars in showbiz like Edu Manzano, Derek Ramsay, Martin Nievera, Pops Fernandez, Judy Ann Santos, Anne Curtis, Marian Rivera, Ryzza Mae, Rocco Nacino, and among others. I said to myself, "Wow! What a star-studded event! I want to be a part of this event". I'm happy to know that admission to the event is free but pre-registration is required. So what I did is I fill-up the form online and voila!

On the day of the event, October 26, 2013, I saw many people outside of the venue. By the way, the venue was held in the SM MOA Arena, Pasay City. I assumed that they are teachers because the event is for teachers :-). I paused outside of the arena thinking how can I get inside because I have no ticket and I haven't had a reply from Nuffnang. So what I did is I walked around looking for a registration booth thinking that there is one for bloggers who registered online. Luckily, I saw a beautiful lady waiving a piece of bond paper with a "Nuffnang Bloggers" written on it. I approach her and she introduced herself. She's Miss Patti from an advertising company. She told me that she's waiting for her companion who will guide me inside. Just a minute waiting, her companion arrived. I'm very sorry, I forgot the name of her companion. Maybe because of the excitement I felt that time, her name was not clearly registered in my mind. Then, she guided me inside of the arena and she gave me a seat there. Thank you very much to the two beautiful ladies!

The Grand Gathering Event 2013

The PLDT's Gabay Guro Grand Gathering is the biggest tribute event for teachers. The event was held at the Mall of Asia Arena. It features some of the country's biggest performers, including Ogie Alcasid, Martin Nievera, Pops Fernandez, Judy Ann Santos, Anne Curtis, Marian Rivera, Richard Gomez, Edu Manzano, Derek Ramsay, Rocco Nacino, and Ryzza Mae, among other top celebrities.



More than 15,000 teachers gathered at the event  




 



















Venus Raj

















Shamcey Chupchup

















Marian Rivera

















Ryzza Mae Dizon

 



















Ogie Alcasid






















Richard Gomez






















Anne Curtis






















Pops Fernandez






















Martin Nievera






















Edu Manzano, Judy Ann Santos, Derek Ramsay

Before the formal program begins, the audiences were entertained by the Gabay Guro singers and dancers together with Bianca Manalo. The program begins at around 3:00 PM. It started with a national anthem and then followed by an invocation song entitled "Lead Me Lord".





















Bianca Manalo





















Gabay Guro Singers and Dancers with Bianca Manalo























The boy sung an invocation song entitled "Lead Me Lord"

Notable hunks were also present to cheer the teachers. Hunks like Rocco Nacino, Daniel Matsunaga, John James Uy, and  Matteo Guidicelli. 

















 Rocco Nacino





















(Sorry, I forgot the name of this hunk)





















Daniel Matsunaga





















John James Uy, together with a teacher





















Matteo Guidicelli

Power of Education

At a young age, Gabay Guro scholar Renalf Labandria understood full well the hardships of life.

As a young boy, he suffered from myopia or nearsightedness which made it doubly hard for him to keep up with daily lessons. Every day, he had to paddle his own boat just to be able to go to school. Once, in his determination not to skip class despite a typhoon, his boat capsized. Another time, a stove accident left his face burned. Despite the pain and the constant teasing from his classmates, Renalf was single-minded in his desire to learn, knowing that it was his only ticket out of poverty.

Through his persistence and with help from kind-hearted individuals including Gabay Guro, Renalf pursued his dream and graduated with a degree in secondary education from the Bohol State University. Today, he teaches MAPEH and Filipino at the Holy Child Academy, also in Bohol.





















Renalf Labandria, giving his inspirational speech and thanking as well to the Gabay Guro

The Gabay Guro, together with its partners, were giving away a house and lot courtesy of Stateland, Inc., and a brand new multi-purpose Foton  van. Livelihood program packages were also given away.

















The finale of the event is the electronic raffle draw of house and lot. The lucky teacher who won in the raffle draw is Annalyn A. Dizon.
 



















Annalyn A. Dizon, the lucky teacher from Cavite won the house and lot in the raffle draw


Gabay Guro is a joint program of the PLDT-Smart Foundation (PSF) and the PLDT Managers Club Inc. (MCI) which aims to support and honor teachers through scholarship grants, teacher's training, livelihood, teachers' tribute, housing & other programs.




   

Thank you Nuffnang for giving me the opportunity to witness the biggest tribute event for teachers and I salute all the teachers and Gabay Guro who have changed our lives and helped shape us into who we are now!

For more information, visit the official Gabay Guro website at http://www.gabayguro.com


Filipino Artists/Bands